MONDAY MUST TRY!!! Not until I met my husband was I one that needed something sweet after dinner!! I used to just have a yogurt or something sweet and healthy and then he started having ice cream– another down fall of mine!! I’d buy the Fat Free Blue Bunny or another ‘healthier’ option and as of recently I’ve been buying the Halo Top or Enlightened pints of ice cream. Highly recommend by the way!! As much as I like having that after dinner, the price can get a little steep ($3.99-$4.50 each) so I have been looking for an alternative to an ice cream substance for my after dinner dessert. In comes my newest find and am very excited about it– HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM (or any other flavor you may enjoy)!!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter 5- Ingredient Ice Cream (2 Servings)
- 4 bananas (will need to freeze)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4- 1/2 cup Almond milk (or whatever milk you prefer)– I like Almond/Cashew Milk
- 1-2 T almond butter or peanut butter of choice
- Chocolate chips for topping (optional)
Peel, cut and freeze bananas.
- Place frozen bananas, cocoa powder, almond/peanut butter, and almond/cashew milk into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid.
- Scoop into bowls and top with chocolate chips (optional)
OTHER FLAVORS I’VE TRIED:
Vanilla— take out the almond/peanut butter and add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract instead.
Mint Chocolate Chip– take out the almond/peanut butter and add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and include the chocolate chips listed as optional above (YUM!!)
Give it a shot!!! Easy, healthy AND tasty dessert!!